PlayStatic enables recording of mouse and keyboard actions allowing for infinite replay.
This little utility provides you with an easy-to-use option for ridding yourself of performing those repetitive tasks by automating them. PlayStatic is a simple to use the macro recorder. You can record your mouse and keyboard actions and then play them back, giving you the freedom to do other things.
Whatever mouse and keyboard actions you record can be replayed infinitely, and you can even manually add actions from virtually anywhere, including a .txt file. The interface is simple to grasp, with most features accessible from the main window. From there, you can also configure your desired settings depending on the job you wish to perform.
PlayStatic allows you to use either automatic or manual modes. If you use the automatic mode, you will set up the macro with your mouse and then record the task. Manual mode utilizes keyboard action, which can come in handy if you happen to be having issues with your mouse. But keep in mind that while using the manual mode, it will not copy specific mouse movements like the wheel. This app is a nicely done lightweight option for copying specific repetitive tasks and then replaying them and is easy enough to configure that it can be of use to most any skill level user. You will get a few VirusTotal hits, but that is expected when recording keyboard and mouse actions.
Version History for PlayStatic:
- User interface changes for better user experience.
- User can set the replay speed of a macro with a control on the Run tasks tab.
- Saved scripts are compressed and encrypted from version 2.1. Compressed scripts are 90% smaller than the previous version's scripts.
- Clicking on a macro row shows its index.
- Possible to copy and paste rows in the macro list, the feature available in the context menu of the macro list (right-click in the list).
- Quick select window for recently used macros.
- Auto-updating capability.
- Premium features like executing command prompt commands, trigger on clipboard changes, scheduler for macros.
- Blur effect applied on the main window if the new PlayStatic window opened. This small visual improvement helps users identify which windows are active, and which are not.
- Obsolete CSV saving option removed.
- Smarter macro merging.
- Removed save settings with the macro save feature, settings are saved automatically when user closes the application.
- Removed obsolete start with windows/autostart features
- Playstatic no longer pops up when played a script, even when an event triggered the script. If Playstatic minimized to system tray, it stays there until user clicks on its icon.
- Annoying bug fixed that caused to reset macro list view to default after the task(s) edited.
- Smoother scrolling and selecting macro list items.
- Fixed a bug when PlayStatic asks the user to save the script even they have not modified it.
- Fixed every known bugs reported by users.
For $10.00, you can unlock the premium features, which include a script scheduler, CMD command execution, clipboard listener, tech support, and free future premium features.