PlayStatic enables recording of mouse and keyboard actions allowing for infinite replay.
This little utility provides you with an easy-to-use option for ridding yourself of performing those repetitive tasks by automating them. PlayStatic is a simple to use macro recorder. You can record your mouse and keyboard actions and then play them back giving you the freedom to do other things.
Whatever mouse and keyboard actions you record can be replayed infinitely, and you can even manually add actions from virtually anywhere including a .txt file. The interface is simple to grasp with most features accessible from the main window. From there you can also configure your desired settings depending on the job you wish to perform.
PlayStatic allows you to use either automatic or manual modes. If you use automatic mode, you will set up the macro with your mouse and then record the task by hitting record. Manual mode utilizes keyboard action which can come in handy if you happen to be having issues with your mouse. But keep in mind that while using the manual mode that it will not copy specific mouse movement like the wheel for instance. This app is a nicely done lightweight option for copying specific repetitive tasks and then replaying them and is easy enough to configure that it can be of use to most any skill level user. You will get a few VirusTotal hits, but that is to be expected when recording keyboard and mouse actions.
Version History for PlayStatic:
- User interface changes for better user experience.
- Support for French, Spanish and Japanese languages.
- Scripts could be triggered by 3 more event type:
- Filesystem watcher
- User idle time watcher
- Process monitor watcher.
- Tasks could be moved up and down easily in script with buttons.
- Playstatic now can be minimized to the system tray.
- Improved performance of script replay engine.
- Improved the precision of recording.
- Very fast scripts could be stopped now, even Playstatic is under heavy load.
- Better user interface of modifying a script or an event list.
- Event's implementations are changed under the hood, new event types can be added easily by future versions, but previous versions are not supported anymore.
- Fixed every known bugs reported by users